SPORTS FOREST LLC CUSTOMER RENTAL AGREEMENT
This SPORTS FOREST LLC CUSTOMER RENTAL AGREEMENT (the "Agreement") is between you ("You" or "Your") and Sports Forest LLC., with corporate offices at 341 E Hoover Ave. Orange 92867, (collectively "Sports Forest," "Baseball Forest," "We," "Us," or "Our"), establishing terms and conditions under which You will submit information to, and Rent baseball equipment (each a "Product" and collectively, "Products") and receive related services ("Services") from, via our website at www.baseballforest.com (the "Website").
2. Rental Not Purchase. You agree and acknowledge that You are renting the Products and that ownership of the Products remains with Sports Forest LLC at all times.
3. Adult (18 Years or Older) Agreement Required to Rent. Our Products may be used by individuals under 18 years of age, but We only Rent to adults. Adults may rent the Products with a payment card or other approved payment method. By signing this agreement, You represent that you are 18 years or older and that You are authorized to use the chosen payment method (including, without limitation, credit cards) for the purpose of renting the Products as described herein.
4. Limitation of Total Products Rented. You may possess a maximum of four (4) Products at any given time. You may use any Product for a maximum of 12 months so long as You continue to make recurring payments for each of Your rentals each month as described in Section 5.
5. Rental Fees; Security Deposit; Payment Card Authorizations; Late Charges.
a. Rental Fee: The "Rental Fee" for the Product(s) will be the total monthly fee, not including the delivery charges, listed on the Website in connection with Your order of the Products.
b. Security Deposit: The “Security Deposit” for the Product(s) will be one month’s Rental Fee, which is refundable upon return of the Product at the end of the Rental to Sports Forest LLC in undamaged, usable condition, with ordinary wear and tear. A portion of the Security Deposit may be returned for Product(s) which are damaged but repairable. The Security Deposit will be forfeited as to any Product(s) that are not returned, or are returned in either a damaged or unusable condition, or show signs of unusual wear and tear.
c. Payments: Upon Your order for a Product(s), You hereby authorize Sports Forest LLC to immediately charge Your payment card for the shipping, the Security Deposit, and the first month’s Rental Fee. You also hereby authorize Sports Forest LLC to charge Your payment card up to eleven recurring monthly Rental Fee payments commencing 1 month after Your order date and then continuing on the same day each month (the Due Date) until complete. In addition, at the time of Your order of a Product, You hereby authorize Sports Forest LLC to charge Your payment card for an amount equal to 100% of the entire original retail value of that Product set forth on the Website, ("Retail Value") plus applicable sales taxes. We will only charge Your payment card for an amount greater than the Rental Fee in the circumstances set forth in Sections 7 and 8(c) below. Rental Fees exclude all federal, state and local taxes, GST, fees, customs, duties, levies and other governmental assessments, and interest all of which shall be paid by You directly or, if paid by Sports Forest LLC, shall be paid by You to Sports Forest LLC in connection with Your order.
d. Late Charge: You agree that if any Rental Fee payment is declined and/or remains unpaid for 7 days after the Due Date, Sports Forest LLC shall be entitled to an additional payment of a “Late Charge”, equivalent to $10, for every 7 days any Rental Fee payment is declined and/or remains unpaid. “Late Charges” will continue to accrue until the Rental Fee and all subsequent “Late Fees” have been paid.
6. Deliveries and Return of Rented Products.
a. We will deliver the Products You ordered, including the specified size, color and design, within 7 business days of the date, in which your Order AND this completed Agreement was received by Us, except to the extent we informed You in connection with Your order that the specific Product was not guaranteed. Products may appear different in color and style than the photos displayed on the Website. Our liability to You for failure to deliver the Product as ordered is limited to the timely delivery of Product as determined by us.
b. Your Products will be delivered through Sports Forest LLC’s shipping partners, which may change from time to time at the Company's discretion. Sports Forest LLC’s shipping partners are national delivery services such as FedEx, United Parcel Service, and the United States Postal Service. The shipping method used will be at the discretion of Sports Forest LLC. The Products will be inspected and delivered ready to use. We do not guarantee all Products will be brand new. We inspect each product with the utmost care, but use of the product is at Your own risk and Sports Forest LLC shall not be held liable for any bodily injury or property damage complaints associated with a Product rented from Sports Forest LLC.
c. Upon delivery, You bear responsibility for the Product(s). You acknowledge that a Secure Shipping Address (defined herein) is highly recommended. A Secure Shipping Address is defined as a location where an individual can physically receive Product(s). In the event that an unsecure shipping address is provided, Sports Forest LLC does not bear liability for Products left unattended. Furthermore, You acknowledge that providing anything other than a Secure Shipping Address may result in delivery delays and additional delivery fees for which Sports Forest LLC is not liable.
d. With the purchase of the Product, You are entitled to one prepaid package slip to match the original shipping box size. We will provide You with your pre-paid, pre-addressed packing slip upon request through our website, as well as instructions for returning the Products to Sports Forest LLC when you are ready to end Your Rental. If You lose the prepaid return packing slip, You will be responsible for returning the item at your own expense by the expected return date, and providing Sports Forest LLC with a tracking number.
7. Use of the Rental Products; No Alterations You agree to treat the Products with great care. You are responsible for loss, destruction or damage to the Products due to theft, mysterious disappearance, fire, major stains or any other cause, other than normal wear and tear. This includes purposeful engraving, marking, stickers, or graffiti. Normal wear and tear encompasses minor scratches, marks, small rips or deterioration of the grip, dents smaller than 1 cm in bats, or other minor damage to the Product. If You return a Product that is damaged beyond normal wear and tear, then You agree that We shall charge You, and You shall pay, for the price of replacing the Product, as determined in Our discretion, up to the Retail Value for the Product. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES MAY ANY OF THE PRODUCTS BE ALTERED IN ANY WAY. If you return a Product that is altered, You agree that We shall charge You, and You shall pay, for the price of replacing the Product, as determined in Our discretion, up to the Retail Value of the Product.
8. Rental Renewal and Cancellation; Termination of Rental; Failure to Return Products; Collections.
a. Rental Renewal and Cancellation. UNLESS YOU END YOUR RENTAL AGREEMENT BY RETURNING THE EQUIPMENT, SPORTS FOREST LLC WILL AUTOMATICALLY RENEW YOUR RENTAL EACH MONTH. YOU EXPRESSLY AUTHORIZE US TO COLLECT THE APPLICABLE RENTAL FEE AND ANY TAXES, USING ANY PAYMENT CARD ON RECORD FOR YOU. IF YOU WISH TO CANCEL OR DO NOT WANT TO RENEW YOUR RENTAL, THE EQUIPMENT MUST BE RETURNED, AND IN OUR POSSESSION BEFORE THE NEXT RENEWAL DATE. For example, if Your Rental renews on the 10th of every month and You wish to end Your Rental, we need to have received the Product before that date the next month, or You will be charged an additional month’s Rental Fee as scheduled, until the Product is received by Us. If You cancel Your Rental at any other time during the subscription period, termination of the Rental will be effective at the end of the current Monthly subscription period. This means Your Rental will continue for the remainder of that period and You will not receive a refund. You may find out more information about cancelling your Rental, including Your monthly renewal date, by contacting email@example.com.
b. Termination. We reserve the right to terminate Your right to Rent Products from Us at any time, for any reason, at Our discretion. We will not give any refund for termination related to conduct that, in Our discretion, violates any terms set out in this Agreement or any applicable law. If You have not returned a Product within 12 months of the original Rental date, and You have successfully completed monthly payments for all 12 months of service, Your Product will be considered a non-return purchase, ownership will be transferred to You, and Sports Forest LLC will terminate the Agreement.
c. Payment of 100% of Retail Value. We will not charge You for more than an amount equal to 100% of the Retail Value plus the Rental Fees in the aggregate, for any charges arising under this Section excluding late charges and collection costs. For example, if a baseball bat has a full retail value of $100 and You lose the bat after three months, You will be charged the full retail value of the bat and will NOT be reimbursed for any of the monthly rental fees You had previously paid.
d. Collections. If You do not pay the amounts You owe to Us when due, then We will institute collection procedures. You agree to pay Our costs of collection, including without limitation reasonable attorneys' fees, expenses, and interest at 10% per annum on any payments not made when due. If legal proceedings are required You agree that The Superior Court of California, County of Orange will be the legal venue. During the collection process we will attempt to send You one email concerning your past due account and one letter mailed to your shipping address to notify you of the situation prior to launching collections procedures. It is Your responsibility to contact Us should any of Your personal information change during the course of Your Rental including, but not limited to: address, phone number, credit card number, email address.
a. Limited Warranty. The limited warranties set forth in Section 6(a)-(b) apply only to You, may be acted upon only by You, and may not be assigned, sold or transferred to any third party. No warranties are granted other than as set forth in Section 6(a)-(b). Our warranty herein shall not apply to any matters arising from violation of Your obligations set forth in this Agreement.
b. Remedies. Your sole and exclusive remedy and Sports Forest LLC’s sole and exclusive liability for a breach of Sports Forest LLC’s limited warranty shall be, at Sports Forest LLC’s option, Sports Forest LLC’s use of its commercially reasonable efforts to replace the non-conforming Product in a timely manner or a refund of Your Security Deposit and Rental Fee (excluding delivery charges).
c. Disclaimers. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WRITTEN OR ORAL WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS, THE SERVICES RELATED THERETO OR THE USE OR RESULTS OF THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. SPORTS FOREST LLC MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AS TO ANY MATTER WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE CONDITION OF THE PRODUCT, ITS MERCHANTABILITY, ITS DESIGN, ITS CAPACITY, ITS PERFORMANCE, ITS MATERIAL, ITS WORKMANSHIP, ITS FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR THAT IT WILL MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF ANY LAWS, RULES, OR SPECIFICATIONS.
d. Guides On our Website. We offer various Guides to assist You in selecting a Product. Our Guides are provided "AS IS" only without guarantee as to results.
10. Limitation of Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL SPORTS FOREST LLC OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS) BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, MULTIPLE OR OTHER INDIRECT DAMAGES, OR FOR LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF USE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES RELATED THERETO, WHETHER BASED UPON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF SPORTS FOREST LLC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES.
SPORTS FOREST LLC FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR LOSS, DAMAGE, OR INJURY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES AS A RESULT OF ANY DEFECTS, LATENT OR OTHERWISE, IN THE PRODUCT(S). SPORTS FOREST LLC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE IN ANY EVENT TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS, DELAY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER RESULTING FROM DEFECTS IN, OR INEFFICIENCY OF THE PRODUCT(S) HEREBY RENTED OR ACCIDENTAL BREAKAGE THEREOF.
11. Assumption of the Risk YOU RENT THE PRODUCT(S) “AS IS”. YOU ASSUME SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIMS AGAINST YOU AND/OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM USE OF THE PRODUCTS DURING YOUR RENTAL PERIOD.
12. Indemnification. In consideration of allowing Rental of the Products, You agree to hold harmless, release, defend, and indemnify Sports Forest LLC and Baseball Forest, their affiliated companies and subsidiaries, successors in interest, agents, employees, representatives, assignees, officers, directors, and shareholders (each hereinafter a “Indemnified Party”) for any and all liability and/or claims for injury or death to persons or damage to property arising from anyone’s use of the Product, including those injuries and damages caused by any Indemnified Party’s alleged or actual negligence or breach of any express or implied warranty. You take full responsibility for any injury, loss or death to anyone involving the Product, arising in whole or in part by any use of the Product. You agree to pay all attorney’s fees and costs, including expert witness fees and costs, incurred by any Indemnified Party in defending a claim or suit brought by or on behalf of You or any third party relating to the Product. However, You shall have no obligation to indemnify and defend any Indemnified Party for acts arising from the sole negligence or willful misconduct of such Indemnified Party.
b. Modifications may be made only by Sports Forest LLC. We reserve the right to terminate or amend this Agreement at any time for any or no reason, effective upon notice to You of such termination or amendment.
c. The waiver of any term or condition or any breach thereof shall not affect any other term of condition of this Agreement.
d. The Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California.
e. Termination of this Agreement will not relieve You of any payment obligations hereunder.
f. If any provision of this Agreement shall be held illegal, unenforceable, or in conflict with any law of any authority having jurisdiction over this Agreement, the validity of the remaining portions or provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
g. Sports Forest LLC is not liable for failure to perform any of its obligations hereunder by reason that are beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation, fire, earthquake, interruptions in supply, other natural disaster, war, embargo, and/or riots or acts of terrorism.
h. You shall pay Sports Forest LLC all costs and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, incurred by Sports Forest LLC in exercising any of its rights or remedies hereunder or enforcing any of the terms, conditions, or provisions hereof.
i. We will use the preferences and orders You provide on our Website to send You e-mails and other marketing materials for other Products. You may opt out of receiving those e-mails by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by following the links provided at the bottom of those e-mails when available.